Chapter Arts centre in Cardiff always has a good German beer festival if you like that sort of thing but I was pleasantly surprised to hear about a Scottish one which is happening from 06/03/2012 to 11/03/2012.
This first Hopscotch Festival rejoices in all that is good from north of the border, including a mouth-watering selection of 30 real ales from small, independent Scottish breweries like Inveralmond, Kelburn, Angus Ales, Atlas and Tryst.
Beers available (more may be added in the run up to the festival):
- Inveralmond - Ossian, Lia Fail, Duncan’s IPA www.inveralmond-brewery.co.uk
- Fyne Ales - Highlander, Vital Spark, Hurricane Jack www.fyneales.com
- Angus Ales - Mashie Niblick, Gowfers Gold, Birdy Three www.angus-ales.co.uk
- Atlas - Latitude, Three Sisters, Nimbus
- Tryst - Drovers 80shill, Raj IPA, Blathen www.trystbrewery.co.uk
- TSA - Sporran Warmer Blonde, Bannochburn, Ben Nevis 80shill, Scotch Mist Wheat Beer, Highland Fling, William Wallace www.tsabrewingco.co.uk
- Stewarts - Stewarts 80shill, Copper Cascade, Stewarts Rugby Ale www.stewartbrewing.co.uk
- William Bros - Fraoch Heather Ale, Seven Giraffes, Williams Red www.williamsbrosbrew.com